Tuesday, 12 June 2007
Going to try putting the flat back on the market
I did try and have a bit of a go at the agents for bringing me buyers who do not buy. Doesn't really sound as though they perform many checks on buyers. They asked the buyers IFA to confirm the financial situation and thats about it as far as I can see.
Monday, 11 June 2007
Did not exchange on Friday
I am currently planning to put it back on the market with a different estate agent. I may have to suggest that I will charge my buyers an extra couple of grand if they do not exchange in the next two days.
I am planning to change estate agents as I am unhappy that I accepted a buyer on a basis on which they changed their minds at the last moment. I was advised by my agents to stop marketing the property which I also think was an error. I could have had much better buyer and have completed by now.
Friday, 8 June 2007
Turning into a teensy bit of a nightmare
I have already told the solicitor and estate agent that any requests for me to drop the price will be met with a very definite "No!".
Needless to say I am a jumpy bag of nerves.
Tuesday, 5 June 2007
Heavens to Betsy! Actual dates at last!
Hooray!
And there I was about to ask the estate agent to remarket the property. Thank heavens I don't need to do that at least.
Monday, 4 June 2007
No response from the buyers solicitor
My solicitor is now beginnign to feel that they are hiding something and I am getting increasingly suspicious and nervous. I don't particularly want to start getting heavy but I think I will have to ask the estate agents to re-market the property. I might not have viewings but it may pressurise the buyer into going quicker. I jsut pray that this one doesn't fall through as my contract at work only lasts till the end of the month.
Thursday, 31 May 2007
Still no exchange
But still nothing has happenened, both my buyer and their solicitor are not answering or returning calls. I have a horrible feeling it is all going wrong and maybe they are going to pull out. I feel sick I have had a headache all day and I have not slept well for three nights.
But there is nothing I can do. I am ringing my solicitor and estate agent every two hours but its mainly to make me feel like there IS something I can do. But there isn't. I just have to wait for lots of people I can't contact to do something.
Wednesday, 30 May 2007
Exchanging contracts or swearwords?
I came into work fully expecting that I would exchange contracts today.
At 11.00 I received a call from the estate agents to say there was a change and they had decided to tie in this purchase with the sale of another flat. Bearing in mind this had never been mentioned previously and I had chosen them because they were not in a chain, I was surprised to say the least. After swearing at the estate agent for about fifteen minutes and havigna bit of a cry in the toilets I carried on at work. I would like to say "I carried on bravely" but given the way my colleagues were avoiding me I suspect " carried on like a psycho on day release" would be closer to the truth.
At 15.00 I received another call from the estate agent. Apparently the buyers solictor has just request contract release from my solicitor. This apparently means we are going to exchange after all. Apparently we are still on for completion in a week.
Having spoken to my solicitor they have not heard a thing so still no closer, or maybe we are, or maybe we're not... Heaven only knows. I am a bit of a wreck and desperately in ned of a lie down in a dark room.
Wednesday, 23 May 2007
Information flooding in
I am now waiting for her solicitor to receive the contract and communicate with my solicitor to arrange exchange and completion. I believe she will be paying her deposit by bankers draft. I have no idea really what this means and what other payment options there are.
Finally I am beginning to feel that maybe the sale will finally go through.
Monday, 21 May 2007
The process without my ranting
These are an outline of the standard stages when going through the house selling or buying process.
- The buyer has a mortgage agreed
- The buyer makes an offer on he house
- The seller accepts the offer
- The buyer contacts the mortgage company who then books in the survey
- The survey is carried out and a report is produced. This is either sent directly to the mortgage company or to the buyer (depends on type of survey and mortgage)
- The mortgage is finalised based on the outcome of the survey (conditions may be applied)
- The buyers solicitor undertakes searches with the land registry and various other bodies
- The sellers solicitors sends documentation to the buyers solicitor (deeds, leases, guarantees on any work carried out)
- The buyers solicitor responds with any queries (and then the sellers solicitor responds until queries are dealt with)
- If the buyers solicitor has any queries not fully answered they may report to the mortgage company to confirm that the mortgage company is happy to proceed on this basis.
- Contract exchange and completion are scheduled in.
There is no fixed time between each stage. The survey will take up to a month depending on the workload of the surveyor. They should produce the survey within a week and mortgage companies should take around 2 weeks to receive and respond (but have been known to take three months).
Query communication may take around a week for each round of questions but this is dependant on how long it takes for the solicitor to receive, address and respond to queries. Some information may need to be sent to the seller to answer or collate paperwork (details such as the location of services in the house, for example, where the stopcock is or which companies are currently used for utilities). The number of queries will be unique to each sale and depends on the idiosyncrasies of the property and how it is approached by the solicitors involved.
Thursday, 17 May 2007
9 and a half weeks
9 weeks...
Oh well. I am just going to have to spend another week hoping they do not come back with any more queries.
Thursday, 10 May 2007
Contract sent out
This is so that they can review the points and the contract (and hopefully sign it without any problem). The estate agent reckons I will get an exchange date next week. My solicitor was a bit more cautious but still thinks it shows signs of movement.
I am currently at eight weeks after I accepted the offer.
Wednesday, 9 May 2007
Queries returned
I am trying not to call my solicitor every five minutes to see if they have heard back from them. The buyers solicitors will need to check through the responses and the searches, and report back to the buyer and then contact my solicitor. In my head this should take about five minutes but obviously they have to do everything in writing so it takes ages.
Monday, 30 April 2007
At last, some serious house sale action!
They are mainly about utilities, is there water? Are there any odd restrictions on the lease? Can I send a copy of the buildings insurance and when was the central heating installed.
They have also sent the contract so I can sign it and also the document I filled in last time about the fixtures and fittings. Luckily it is all the same situation as last time so I don't need to fill it in.
I am trying hard not to get too excited. At least I am finally ahead of the schedule from last time. It took two months to get to the stage of solicitors queries.
Wednesday, 25 April 2007
Mortgage agreed at last
I am keeping everything crossed that this means that they haven't got any gripes. The estate agent has said their solicitor is sending queries over to my solicitors so hopfully they won't be too scary.
I nearly feel like it might be ok but will wait until I have seen the queries.
Thursday, 19 April 2007
Survey has been sent to mortgage company
So now it is with the mortgage company how long will it take? I am setting myself up for another two weeks before I hear. At least I know who to get the estate agent to chase now.
Some explanation of survey delays
After getting all agitated at the estate agent (again - well its so easy to harrass Claire) it seems that it just takes longer to do buy to let valuations as they need to check possible rental incomes etc. The agents have assured me that the other bits are coming along. And maybe they are.
Thursday, 12 April 2007
Survey at last!
Tuesday, 3 April 2007
Over three weeks and still no survey
Well, they called me back and are still assuring me that the survey will happen this week but nothing has been booked in at the moment. At least the girl from Ocean (estate agents) used her initiative enough to go to the buyers financial adviser and try and get more information.
Yesterday I had an email from someone who had seen one of the free adverts I posted. I got the fear that it was my buyer checking up on me and that they might pull out but I don't think it was.
Thursday, 29 March 2007
Getting jumpy
I reckon that if I don't hear anything by Friday then I will have to look at putting it back on the market and maybe with another estate agent.